- Covid 19 MBIEEB-1109 level 3 and 4
Covid 19 MBIEEB-1109 level 3 and 4
At Absolute Sewing, keeping healthy and safe means everything to us. We are doing everything to keep you, your family, our community safe in response to Covid-19.
We can operate as an essential service MBIEEB-1109.
Absolute Sewing can operate at level 3 and will be open for contactless sewing machine collections and drop offs. Sales of parts and accessories will be shipped as usual.
Absolute Sewing will be following the rules for business at Alert Level 3.
- Absolute Sewing does not require close physical contact and can operate contactless.
- Absolute Sewing operates from a home based workshop.
- Absolute Sewing displays a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. - Absolute Sewing make sure that people can either scan in or provide their contact details.
- Absolute Sewing does not allow customers into its premises.
- Absolute Sewing is a contactless business. Our customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up will be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures will be maintained by Absolute Sewing. Such as physical distancing, handwashing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers will not work if they’re sick.
- Absolute Sewing staff will remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. We use other measures, such as PPE including face coverings where appropriate.
We legally meet all other health and safety obligations.
Level 3 and 4
Businesses or services necessary to maintain other Alert Level 4 businesses or services can operate. This includes businesses producing non-food consumer products that are essential for people during Alert Level 4 to:
remain healthy and safe while isolating
work or study from home
stay in communication with whānau and friends, and remain up to date with news and health information.
At this time, with many people in self isolation, sewing is still an activity that can be done to keep the hands and mind busy. We are operating contact less and can assist you with your sewing machine needs.
Here is what we’re doing:
Drop off and Collection
We only do contact less drop off and pick ups from a marked table outside the workshop.
Please use a mask and maintain a 2 meters distance.
Use our facebook booking system.
Choose a drop of https://fb.com/book/AbsoluteSewing/
Please phone prior to dropping/picking up your sewing machine.
There will be a QR code for you to scan.
If you can’t scan we still have your visit logged with Facebook bookings
Provide your name, telephone number, email, home address, and details of your sewing machine issues.
We will call you to clarify anything when necessary.
When your machine is ready we will call and you can make a booking coordinate pick-up date and time use out booking system.
Where contactless drop off/pick up is not possible, we will wear masks and maintain the recommended 2m social distancing from customers.
Sewing Machine Repair
Extra cleaning of sewing machines collected and returned.
Hand washing between handling of your sewing machines.
Sales of parts
Regular hand washing before handling parts and packaging.
We are following CourierPost safety recommendations on handling our parcels.
When making online purchases we also recommend selecting the non-signature required option.
Absolute Sewing and our suppliers are doing everything to ensure our workshop and products are safe. So thank you for trusting us with your sewing machines and the supply of accessories and parts.
Thank you for helping us limit physical contact and the chance of further spreading COVID-19.